Did you know you can detox your body without buying expensive teas, pills, powders, etc? Don’t believe those ads that tell you you HAVE to use their product in order to properly detox. That’s a lie. You use the food you eat! Or aren’t eating in some people’s cases! 😂 Adding certain foods to your diet and eliminating others can help your body ramp itself up and get your organs naturally detoxing itself. Here are a few foods to help naturally detox:
1. Leafy greens like kale, spinach, wheatgrass, etc: these greens give your digestive tract a detoxifying boost of chlorophyll
2. Lemons: lemon juice supports the liver and kidneys
3. Garlic: helps filter toxins from your digestive system
4. Green tea: increases liver function
5. Omega 3 oils: absorbs toxins and eliminates them from the body
6. Turmeric: helps to detoxify the liver
7. Nuts and seeds (not including peanuts): high in omega 3 which promotes liver function. Also contains vitamin E which protects the body against oxidative stress.
8. Ginger: helps with liver function and boost your immune system
9. Grapefruit: packed with antioxidants and fiber
10. Artichokes: increase bile in the liver. Bile is responsible for the breakdown of foods, helping the body process nutrients efficiently.
11. Beets: these are an anti inflammatory. They also help your body to digest better neutralizing toxins forcing them to exit through urination
12. Watercress: helps your body release enzymes to clean it out and rid it of toxic buildup
13. Herbs: Dandelion root, burdock root and cardamom. These herbs support the liver and aid in kidney function. I found a “detox” tea that’s cheap and has all 3!
Things to avoid while naturally detoxing:
3. Processed foods
4. High fat foods
5. Fried foods
6. Starchy white foods
7. Soda and juices
Skip the expensive teas, pills, etc that claim a quick fix. Go with a more natural, less expensive route that will actually fuel your body in the process! Happy detoxing!